Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Assisted modeling

Fernström
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,
I' working with the trial version of intelligence suite and have a question about the assisted modelling tool.

Is there a way to see models created using the expert mode in the "Leaderbord" among models created by the assisted option?
I would basically like to have the same nice and simple evaluation features that are present in the assisted model to see if changing the hyper parameters can have a positive effekt on the model.

5 REPLIES 5
mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Fernström,

By design, I don't think that's possible.

An idea: You can build 2 Assisted Modeling in parallels and compare the results of those.

Fernström
6 - Meteoroid

But from what I've seen I dont get to see the Leaderboard when selecting "Expert" and I don't have the option to change the hyper parameters when selecting "Assisted". 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Fernström 

You should be able to use the Model Comparison tool (https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/model-comparison-tool)
To compare different models with Hyperparameters changed. As far as i am aware this works with models created by the machine learning suite.

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
Fernström
6 - Meteoroid

I don't think the Model Comparision tool coded in R works with Python models. When I try to use it i get "Error: Model Comparison (74): Tool #3: The provided data does not appear to be a data stream of models"

I think it would be great to add the possibility to change the parameters when selecting "Assisted".

Gualigee
8 - Asteroid

I don't recommend using expert mode. I have to manually justify predictor variables each time I use assisted modelling tool.

Labels