Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Assisted modeling

Fernström
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,
I' working with the trial version of intelligence suite and have a question about the assisted modelling tool.

Is there a way to see models created using the expert mode in the "Leaderbord" among models created by the assisted option?
I would basically like to have the same nice and simple evaluation features that are present in the assisted model to see if changing the hyper parameters can have a positive effekt on the model.

5 REPLIES 5
mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Fernström,

By design, I don't think that's possible.

An idea: You can build 2 Assisted Modeling in parallels and compare the results of those.

Fernström
6 - Meteoroid

But from what I've seen I dont get to see the Leaderboard when selecting "Expert" and I don't have the option to change the hyper parameters when selecting "Assisted". 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Fernström 

You should be able to use the Model Comparison tool (https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/model-comparison-tool)
To compare different models with Hyperparameters changed. As far as i am aware this works with models created by the machine learning suite.

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
Fernström
6 - Meteoroid

I don't think the Model Comparision tool coded in R works with Python models. When I try to use it i get "Error: Model Comparison (74): Tool #3: The provided data does not appear to be a data stream of models"

I think it would be great to add the possibility to change the parameters when selecting "Assisted".

Gualigee
8 - Asteroid

I don't recommend using expert mode. I have to manually justify predictor variables each time I use assisted modelling tool.

Labels