Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assistance with Batch Macro

ekavaline
5 - Atom

Hey, newbie here. I've looked at one live training on batch macros and some help pages, but I'm stuck and hope someone can help me with this.

The goal is to clean FAFSA data, but each week of data must be cleaned individually before being unioned. Because they are all cleaned the same way, I'm not sure what to have as an action. I'm not even 100% sure if a batch macro is the appropriate tool. So any suggestions are welcome. I've attached my work so you can get a better of idea of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @ekavaline

The sheets weren't included in the package so I'm guessing here but looking at what the macro is doing I don't think you need to overcomplicate it with a batch macro...I think you can just use a normal workflow and make use of the grouping functions that most tools have.

I'd be happy to mock something up if you can provide some example data.

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

ekavaline
5 - Atom

Sorry about that, I've attached the data.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @ekavaline

Sorry for the slow reply.

Seeing as you had already done the hard work of building the macro, here's how you can get it to work for each sheet...

Choose filename on the input screen:

Batch1.PNG

Then use this new column as your grouping field on the batch macro:

Batch2.PNG

This will process each file individually and then union them all together as a single output

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

ekavaline
5 - Atom

Wow, that was embarrassingly easy. Thank you!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @ekavaline

Don't worry about it! Macro's can be somewhat confusing, so it may not always be that straight forward!

Glad you found what you needed.

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

Labels