Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Assigning Members to a Group Based on ID order

Maltaleb001
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I trying to learn how to assign a person to a group ordered by ID number. Please see the example below for better clarity.

I have this dataset 

Maltaleb001_0-1635073607639.png

The dataset will be split into 6 groups. Some of the members have already been assigned a group, but some have not. I want to assign the remaining members to groups so that each group has 5 members. I want to perform the assignment in order by ID number. For example, if group 1 needs two more member, assign the first two available member to that group (based on ID number). The same process would repeat for group 2, then group 3, etc

I would highly appreciate it if anyone can provide me with possible solutions to tackle this type of problem. 

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Maltaleb001 

This question is very similar to the one asked here.  That question is on the Alteryx Advanced exam.  Posting any questions or answers for any Alteryx exams on the Community is prohibited.

Dan 

Labels