Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assign Week number by generating a separate column in the dataset

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi community, 

I am stuck with a query in the attached workflow. 

All I am trying to achieve is assign week numbers for the Source_first_name last_name field for them to book meetings.

The tricky part is that their shouldn't be any clashes in the week numbers. For example if -  

Source_first_name last_name = Abigail Reed meets first_name last_name Adelaide Thomas in Week 1 then they both become unavailable for Week 1. 

Can someone please help me solve this? Please let me know if any further info is required. 

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@udles5666 
So I pick the unique combinations and assign week No#1 and for those duplicated ones, assign week No#2.

1126-udles5666.PNG

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu 

Sorry but this is not what I am after.

The use case is that one person can only have one meeting in a week. For example - 

Abigail Reed will meet Adelaide Thomas in week 1, then Aiden Andrews in Week 2, Alexia hunt in Week 3 & so on. Please find the screenshot attached of the desired outcome. 

But, when we get to Adelaide's routine - he will not be available to meet Hailey in Week 1, does this make sense? 

Thanks,

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

so we can just use RecordID to assign?

1126-udles5666-1.PNG

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu  sorry again!

We need to assign a record ID which would become a week number based on Source_first_name last_name column.  

Attached again - thanks

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

I think I got a step ahead.

Attached is the updated workflow but still not there. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@udles5666 
I have to use an iterative macro. Kindly check  the results if that is what you need.

1126-udles5666-2.PNG

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu 

From the screenshot the results look good.

Can you please attach the latest one workflow? Thanks heaps

udles5666_0-1606367442040.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@udles5666 
So sorry

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@udles5666 
Any feedback?