Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Assets not autodetected

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am working on a workflow which cut and slices data into proper table and sends it in an email content.

In a report header tool I want to add a report image from my computer.

I choose a path where image is located, and then I go to an assets icon (cube), but it is not there in auto detected assets.

Please let me know what additional configuration in Alteryx I should to make it work.

Many thanks for your help!

Andrzej

3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Andrzej_E 

Can you please elaborate/show us what is happening?

I'm assuming you clicked here (image below) using the Report Header tool, and located the path where the image was supposed to show up but it does not? Is this what is happening?

pedrodrfaria_0-1616501355535.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1616501402617.png

What is the file extension that you are trying to use as an image?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Andrzej_E 

It appears that you've uncovered an issue.   Even if you attach the image file as a user added asset and then export the workflow, the path to the image in the Report Header tool still points to the original file location.  Contrast this with an Image tool where the path to the image is changed to point to the _externals subdirectory.  This makes the workflow non-transferable unless the header image is stored on a shared drive.

I'd contact support@alteryx.com with this issue.  

Dan

Andrzej_E
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answers.

indeed in header tool I specify a user image and browse to image (jpeg/jpg) which I have on my C drive.

1. I can see in asset tab in user added assets the path to my image
  2. When I run a flow I see it in browse tool and In asset tab of header tool I can see user added asset but my image has different path as you mentioned it is "external subdirectory
  3. when I export flow to gallery I get an error that file does not exist. "Modified filename does not exist: path to my image"

I moved jpg image into shared drive and now when I add asset, I can see only name of the file without "external.." but still when I export to gallery I get an error that this file name does not exist. (When exporting flwo to gallery I manage assets and they are "ticked"

Labels