Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Asking about processing per row

murilobenevides
5 - Atom

Good evening!

I'm on a project where I translate a test from another language to Alteryx.

The problem consists of a block of code that was processed line by line in the table, where I update a series of variables (3) based on values from the current and/or previous line, calculations are performed and the results are arranged in 3 columns (image below columns from 09 to 10).

See the example below:

murilobenevides_0-1631311782811.png

Follow with the explanation based on the image:

Column 10 is changed when column 5 equals “E” and column “4” is “S”.

When both conditions are true, column 10 and 11 are updated using the following rules:

• In yellow [(H7*F7) + (k6/I7)]
  • In green (J7*I7)

Reinforcing that the calculation has to be done line by line, as there will be cases where the calculation of a line depends on the processing results of the previous line.

Is it possible to do this within Alteryx?

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Definitely 🙂 use the Multi-Row Formula tool.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @murilobenevides 

Yes, you can. Normally, you can use Multi-Row formula tool to calculate the multi row value.

But Multi-Row Formula tool can not update more than 2 fields by using one Multi-Row Formula tool. 

In this case, you have to use iterative macro. The sample macro is as following.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1631329422789.png

I attached the sample workflow. Please check it and if you have any questions, let me know.

Labels