Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Asking about processing per row

murilobenevides
5 - Atom

Good evening!

I'm on a project where I translate a test from another language to Alteryx.

The problem consists of a block of code that was processed line by line in the table, where I update a series of variables (3) based on values from the current and/or previous line, calculations are performed and the results are arranged in 3 columns (image below columns from 09 to 10).

See the example below:

murilobenevides_0-1631311782811.png

Follow with the explanation based on the image:

Column 10 is changed when column 5 equals “E” and column “4” is “S”.

When both conditions are true, column 10 and 11 are updated using the following rules:

• In yellow [(H7*F7) + (k6/I7)]
  • In green (J7*I7)

Reinforcing that the calculation has to be done line by line, as there will be cases where the calculation of a line depends on the processing results of the previous line.

Is it possible to do this within Alteryx?

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Definitely 🙂 use the Multi-Row Formula tool.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @murilobenevides 

Yes, you can. Normally, you can use Multi-Row formula tool to calculate the multi row value.

But Multi-Row Formula tool can not update more than 2 fields by using one Multi-Row Formula tool. 

In this case, you have to use iterative macro. The sample macro is as following.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1631329422789.png

I attached the sample workflow. Please check it and if you have any questions, let me know.

Labels