Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Arrange Tool

FabianAvina
7 - Meteor

Hi I am looking for help using the arrange tool. I attached a sample of the original data and what it's supposed to look like. I am able to use the summarize tool to get the values I need but am trying to figure out how to use arrange. It's my first time. Is this even the most efficient way to get there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

FabianAvina_0-1629733967806.png

3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@FabianAvina,

As I can see summarize is the best solution for this case.

I don't think that the arrange tool is the solution for this case. As the Arrange tool allows you to manually transpose and rearrange data columns for presentation purposes. Data is transformed so that each row is turned into multiple rows. Columns can be created by using column description data.

You can see the example for more details

messi007_0-1629734673535.png

Hope this Helps!

Regards

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @FabianAvina 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629734829431.png

1. Using summarize tool to get summarized data.

2. Using crosstab tool Parent Node and Account as key, Journal Descr/Vendor Name as Headers, Current Activity as value. Aggregation method as sum, column total and row total.

3. Using dynamic rename to fix the column names.

Hope this helps : )

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@FabianAvina - I agree with @messi007  Since you are "summing" information you should use the summarize tool first and foremost. 

Labels