Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Are using two tree interfaces for different columns in an analytic application possible?

Reagan_411
5 - Atom

I'm working on a relatively complex analytic app for a global supply company, and my goal is to be able to allow a user to select from a number of parameters to have customize what lanes they want to see. The below screenshot is the section of my workflow where I'm running into trouble. I can get tree 1 and tree 2 to run separately, but not together. I'm also running into issues when trying to select multiple origins or multiple destinations. So my questions I hope to answer are two fold.

A) Can two tree interfaces be used back to back in one workflow?

B) Can you select multiple values from a tree interface?

Thank you for any help you can provide!! 😊 

Reagan_411_0-1629142542520.png

Reagan_411_1-1629142932302.pngReagan_411_2-1629142954257.png

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Does your second tree point to data which is customizable/selectable in your first tree? If the contents of your second tree are dynamic - I'd recommend using chained apps and having the second tree point to a db written  in the fist workflow.

Reagan_411
5 - Atom

Hi! I tried that and it worked.

-> Also, I was doing more experimentation because at one point I accidentally made an error to my workflow that I needed to troubleshoot, and this method appears to work. Don't know why though.

1. Build each component separately and have it upload to different outputs

2. Delete one of the outputs and connect the two mini workflows.

Labels