Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

Arabic as PDF output

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hey Community,

Arabic text is being reverse printed when trying to output to PDF using reporting tools.

The same text looks okay when using any other output format(HTML, Word, PPT)

Although this seems like a bug, it's possible that I'm missing something. 

A sample workflow is attached for reference, any inputs are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Shafeeq

Highlighted
Quasar

Shafeeq,

Have you tried changing the font in the Text tool or Default style in the Render Tool?

Iain

Meteoroid

Iain,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have played around with font and formatting options (both in Text Tool and Render Tool) but that doesn't address the display problem.

In fact, the character font is okay in PDF output, but is totally reversed.

Secondly, the same output to any other format works.

As Arabic is a RTL language, it seems somewhere while writing to PDF this(RTL) needs to be set, but isn't.

Shafeeq

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Shafeeq, 

Thank you for raising this issue. I've added this as a defect to our backlog. We'll investigate the problem, determine a solution, and prioritize this fix for the Report Text tool. Please reach out if you find anything further. 

Alex Polly

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Shafeeq,

In the meantime, you could output to Word and then export from Word to PDF. I know this is a manual workaround, but I wanted to give you some option.

Alex Polly

Highlighted
Meteoroid
Hey Alex,

I’ll check if I can run a command line script to do that to eliminate manual intervention. I’d rather not do this manually as there are going to be way too many variations of this report in the future. I’ll post back if I succeed in this.

Thanks a lot for your help, and eagerly awaiting for this to be patched soon.

Shafeeq
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Not solved yet !

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Ahmed__AlZabidi Thank you for re-raising this issue and letting us know it is important to you.

Labels