Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Approximate match

johneodell
8 - Asteroid

I thought I had this solved but testing proved otherwise. I am trying to do an average of three days of pricing indexes for cargo voyages (1 day previous to the voyage, the voyage day, and 1 day post voyage). The issue I am having is that my voyage dates do not always line up with the dates that the index is published (there is no pricing info published on weekends/holidays). So I may have a list that looks like this:

johneodell_0-1579533511231.png

If I have a voyage that takes place on 12/26, I would just use the pricing for 12/23, 12/24, and 1/2 for the appropriate index.  In Excel I just use an INDEX MATCH MATCH with an approximate match instead of an exact match so my 12/26 voyage will return as 12/24 for the average calculation. 

How can I reproduce this in Alteryx?

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @johneodell,

Would this help?

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

johneodell
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @afv2688 

That would work if I were entering the dates one at a time but I'm matching an entire month's data at once.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @johneodell ,

This should work now

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

johneodell
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 ,

Thank you so much!! I noticed that dates with an exact match weren't calculating correctly so I had to change the filter from Diff = 0 to Diff <= 0, but other than that, this workflow accomplished what I needed. Thank you so much for you expertise and help! Greatly appreciated!

Labels