Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Applying multi row formula to multiple columns

aclar286
7 - Meteor

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. 

I am using the Multi-row formula tool to apply the following formula to a column:

[RTL_N_24]-[Row-1:RTL_N_24]

To give the difference of values between rows.  I would like to apply the same formula to all of my columns, so only changing which current field is in the formula.

Is there any way I can do this easily?  I have over 80 columns to apply this to so it wouldn't be practical to add 80+ multi-row formula tools to my flow.  Is there another solution I am missing?

Thank you for your help!

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@k_speik this might help in the future. Can be used for any object type, workflow, macro, etc

Adjusting Alteryx Files for Different Versions

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Different-Versio...

k_speik
5 - Atom

@patrick_digan  Thanks very much!

jeanvaladez
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Josh,

I am trying to follow your example for a similar objective. However, I want to round all of my values in each column to a whole number (i.e. with out any decimals). I have been doing this by using the Formula Tool and using the following formula for each column: 

"Round([ColumnName], 1)"

I would like to do this in a faster and much more efficient way as I now have over 100 columns and do not want to set up the Formula for each one of them.

Can I do this without having to type out the formula for each column using your example below?

Thank you,

Jeanette

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@jeanvaladez, you can absolutely do that with a multi-field formula.

Here's the tool mastery post for that tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Multi-Field-Formula/ta...

jeanvaladez
6 - Meteoroid

This worked! Thank you so much!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is exactly what I was after.

Thanks, @patrick_digan . You're a legend.

M.

Bulien

JLMToth
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! My team had a line of addresses and contact info pulling from PDFs but when a contact had more than one location they werent always submitting info for both - so we were able to sort by the contact and say if empty fill the one before it - complete list now! just used 

IF ISNULL([ReportHeader])
THEN [Row-1:ReportHeader]
ELSE [ReportHeader]
ENDIF

Instead in the multi row. took us 2 days of failure before we found this--- again thank you!

Sergio_Avalos
5 - Atom

Many thanks. interesting solution and could be interesting for Alteryx to add a tool with this functionality in the near future.

Labels