Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Applying multi row formula to multiple columns

aclar286
7 - Meteor

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. 

I am using the Multi-row formula tool to apply the following formula to a column:

[RTL_N_24]-[Row-1:RTL_N_24]

To give the difference of values between rows.  I would like to apply the same formula to all of my columns, so only changing which current field is in the formula.

Is there any way I can do this easily?  I have over 80 columns to apply this to so it wouldn't be practical to add 80+ multi-row formula tools to my flow.  Is there another solution I am missing?

Thank you for your help!

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@k_speik this might help in the future. Can be used for any object type, workflow, macro, etc

Adjusting Alteryx Files for Different Versions

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Different-Versio...

k_speik
5 - Atom

@patrick_digan  Thanks very much!

jeanvaladez
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Josh,

I am trying to follow your example for a similar objective. However, I want to round all of my values in each column to a whole number (i.e. with out any decimals). I have been doing this by using the Formula Tool and using the following formula for each column: 

"Round([ColumnName], 1)"

I would like to do this in a faster and much more efficient way as I now have over 100 columns and do not want to set up the Formula for each one of them.

Can I do this without having to type out the formula for each column using your example below?

Thank you,

Jeanette

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@jeanvaladez, you can absolutely do that with a multi-field formula.

Here's the tool mastery post for that tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Multi-Field-Formula/ta...

jeanvaladez
6 - Meteoroid

This worked! Thank you so much!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is exactly what I was after.

Thanks, @patrick_digan . You're a legend.

M.

Bulien

JLMToth
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! My team had a line of addresses and contact info pulling from PDFs but when a contact had more than one location they werent always submitting info for both - so we were able to sort by the contact and say if empty fill the one before it - complete list now! just used 

IF ISNULL([ReportHeader])
THEN [Row-1:ReportHeader]
ELSE [ReportHeader]
ENDIF

Instead in the multi row. took us 2 days of failure before we found this--- again thank you!

Sergio_Avalos
5 - Atom

Many thanks. interesting solution and could be interesting for Alteryx to add a tool with this functionality in the near future.

Labels