Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Applying Vendor Rates to Contracts (VLOOKUP/REPLACE)

rhightower
5 - Atom

Hello,

New to Alteryx designer and struggling with a basic function. Vendors optionally participate in our contracts on fixed %'s. Relatively few vendors, but tens of thousands of contracts.

Our Contract database provides boolean 1/0 if participating, from there, I want to replace the '1' with the % applicable for that vendor. We'll be adding vendors and contracts regularly, so I'm trying to have a cleaner approach to avoid having to manage too many tools with a new contract. 

My excel mindset would suggest a "if 1 then lookup [table %] else 0", but from what I can find that isn't how Alteryx processes. I've current set it up with a transpose>filter zero/null>Join from % table>Crosstab, but its only with a subset of the fields in the popluation, so now I'm struggling with duplicate records (first with a "1" and the Second with the "%"). Additionallly, it adds more steps which would require more post-production maintenance.

4 REPLIES 4
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @rhightower,

You're basically right, I've done an example here.

Transpose the data first, then join (or find replace in this) on vendor code (A,B,C).

Then do your if statement, and cross tab the data back into your desired format.

Ben_H_0-1645805189746.png

See attached.

Regards,

Ben

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@rhightower 

binuacs_1-1645805572190.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rhightower