Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Applying Simple % Formula to 50+ Fields

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to apply these 3 formulas to the rest of the numeric fields in my data set. I originally thought to batch macro and cycle through these fields 3 at a time, but I'm wondering if there is another tool I am forgetting about that could be used? I also could list out all formulas one by one, but that seems inefficient as well. Thanks for the help! 

BSmithPdubz_0-1600375425335.png

6 REPLIES 6
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can use the Multi Field Formula tool to apply to all numeric fields in one go.

You would need 3 such tools but should allow you to do what you want

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

I'm looking to get around 50 fields as outputs (each field has to generate a % of total field). I am not sure how to reference both fields used in the formulas in the multi-field tool. 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @BSmithdubz ,

check update workflow.

It may give you an idea.

let us know.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@BSmithdubz ,

My input is in a container

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sorry had misunderstood the problem. I would do something like:

jdunkerley79_0-1600417441159.png

- As with your macro, work out the parts

- Next, transpose the data to be row-based

- Join total on and work out the %Total

- Cross tab the data back to be column based

- Use a dynamic rename to get column names back to what they should be

- Using a union tool and keeping 1 row of the original it is possible to restore original column order

Have attached a sample

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

This works beautifully, thank you for the help! I'll have to perform a similar process for the income statement data which will be nearly the same besides a slightly different multi-field formula, so your help has saved me a ton of time. Thanks again!

Labels