Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Applying Column formatting rules to dynamic columns

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm attempting to have the Table tool format certain values in a table when they hit a particular threshold. 

Some background- I am doing some 6-week forecast reporting and the column headers will be dynamically changing week-over-week. I have followed the instructions in the walkthrough below to get the Unknown/Dynamic formatting to apply to the data in each column, but I am getting the following error 'The field "*Unknown" is not found in the record' and the data is not being formatted. 

(https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Apply-Column-Rules-to-Multiple-Columns-in-th...)

Any help would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Wrigley510 

It seems like what you are doing is correct. Are you able to upload your data and workflow to see the error?

Thanks

Joe

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

My data has some PII in it so I wont be able to provide workflow/data. I can provide screenshots of the errors and the Column Rules if that works as a substitute.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

No problem, yeah that could well be enough for me to work out what's happening.

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

My 3 levels of conditional formatting are set up the same way 

When: *Unknown >= (value) Apply formatting to the data in that columUnknown_Error.JPG

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great stuff.

Your condition is a numeric one. Are your new columns coming through as a numeric field type?

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, all coming in as Int64

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have just tried it my side and I am getting the same error. I think you may have found a defect.

I'll look to raise it as such.

Thanks

Joe

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Joe. 

Glad to see it wasnt something I was doing wrong.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

It's had already been raised as a defect, unfortunately at the minute I don't know a release date for the fix.

Labels