Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Appending to a sheet but only taking in changes to the data and new records

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

We are running timesheets through a google form that updates a google sheet which i pull in to alteryx and output a report to OneDrive that our managers then jump in and approve (transposes the data and adds approvals columns). at the minute I am running the report once on a monday morning for the previous weeks data to output the report for the managers. Due to time restraints some of the managers are unable to get in monday morning to approve. We would like to be able to run the report on a wednesday, friday and then again finally on the monday. Is there anyway to append to the sheet but to only bring in new rows from the google sheet (people will still be inputting timesheets after the wednesday & Friday reports are ran) and not to overwrite any amendments (approvals) the managers have made to the document?

Thanks

J

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'd suggest loading the data from the output file every time and then join it with the new data and use the left output to remove any duplicates before writing back to the file

Labels