Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Appending data to the bottom of a Different Data Set

avavalley
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

So I have been trying to find a function that can add a pivot table I have already created in Alteryx to the bottom of another input data sheet.  This would be done weekly so the input data sheet does grow as pivots are added.  Is there a tool I could use for this?  I can only find ways to move columns horizontally and I am trying to move rows vertically.

3 REPLIES 3
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@avavalley It would be helpful if you were to attach a dataset table (before and after). With the information provided, you can use the union tool, summarize, cross tab or transpose tool to get the job done. 

Digan
Alteryx
mmishal001
8 - Asteroid

There are a few different ways to be able to move rows vertically.

1. Use the multi-row field tool (under Preparation) - check the examples. You will be able to generate another column based on rules by which you can sort (using the sort tool)

2. Use the Record ID tool to assign a record number for each row. You can use the sort tool to directly sort the columns of your table whilst keeping the original order of the table by sorting by Record ID.

Hope this helps.

avavalley
7 - Meteor

Hi Digan,

Thanks for your help due to sensitive data, I had to create a small set of fake data to show what I am hoping to do.  It is probably a little confusing but any help would be appreciated.

Labels