Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Appending and Receiving Partial Results

Rinearb
7 - Meteor

I am working on a very large excel file that I have to transpose some data into one column and have run into an issue with the data. I am appending two parts of the file, Questions Field, and Respondents Field. The Respondents are 87 records and the questions are 56 records. The total amount of records I want is 4872 because it would have 1 Respondent ID would repeat 56 to match the number of questions. However, I am receiving partial results with 4082 Records only. One thing I noticed that was strange was I looked at the Data Type for Questions. I have it as a Data Type V_WString and the size is this extremely large number 1,073,741,823.

SO, I need this to be in an excel file cleaned up. Is the amount of records a problem to be placed into an excel file, or is it a Data Type Issue only for the field Questions?

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Rinearb 

You dont need to worry about the size. Did you use a record count tool and check the count. Can you share a snapshot of your workflow.

Hope this helps : )

Rinearb
7 - Meteor

I did a Browse Function to see everything and counts to see the number of records. I'll send you a snapshot soon.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Rinearb 

Browse tool sometimes might have an issue please use record coun tool to check

https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/count-records-tool

Hope this helps : )

Rinearb
7 - Meteor

Rinearb_0-1643586308027.png

Rating Codes in the top flow in the 2nd select tool (after transposing) have partial values as seen below. It did not have partial values before the transpose.

Rinearb_1-1643586509709.png

The most complicated part is with the questions where I had to take each question, categorize it, and union it to connect all categorized questions together. Then, I append it to Respondent ID to have it so Respondent IDs were repeated each question with their corresponding answer. No issues were found with the union or categorizing questions.

Rinearb_3-1643587374817.png

As you can see below, when I append Questions and Respondents it gives partial values too. What I see in the browse tool is what I want but don't understand the issue.

Rinearb_4-1643587495285.png

If you need any clarification, I'll try my best to give it to you. I'm still pretty new to RPA, especially in Alteryx.

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

you are seeing the output using append tool.

In Alteryx many tool anchors doesn't shows full output sometimes.(it will say partial results)

so its best practice to use browse tool to see final result. 

Just check it, and let us know.

Labels