Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Appending Time/Date to Output File

CGIQV
8 - Asteroid

I have seen numerous threads on this question, but I'm still having issues with my implementation.  Below is my workflow.  I union a newly created variable with my data.

Workflow Image.GIF

In the output file options I tell it to append the variable to the file name.  I do not want this field outputted in the file itself, so I unchecked the box at the bottom:

CSV Parameters.GIF

For some reason, two files are created.  Both have a unique issue.  One of them is missing the data, the other one is missing the appended date in the file name:
Two Files.GIF

Any idea where I'm going wrong here?  I have attached the workflow as well. 

3 REPLIES 3
LukeM

Hi @CGIQV ,

I don't think the union tool is what you want. What you need is the Append Fields tool which will add the DateTime stamp to each row. Try and see if you can get it to work using that.

Hope this helps.

Luke

CGIQV
8 - Asteroid

I'll have to check this tool out.  I do not want this field added to each row as I'm only looking for the field to be utilized in the filename.

CGIQV
8 - Asteroid

Simply switching out Union for Append filed worked!

Still curious why it was creating two files, but glad I have a way to do this now. 

Thanks!!

Labels