Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append sheets in Render tool

Twinkle95M
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have a workflow which has 2 components. 

1. Macro

2. Normal Workflow

For my data, I am using a batch macro to do some manipulation and in batch macro, I am creating an output report using render tool in excel. Then I am calculating summaries on the same data and outputting that summary as a separate sheet but in the same workbook that was created by my batch macro.

Can someone provide me any idea how would I achieve this goal? I tried several ways but I failed. 

5 REPLIES 5
Twinkle95M
6 - Meteoroid

To clarify I am outputting the summaries using the render tool. 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Twinkle95M,

Are you looking for something like this?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Twinkle95M
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

The output format is exactly what I wanted but the problem here is I am using a macro to output the sheet 1 and then normal tools to output the sheet 2. In macro I am using render tool to create the sheet1. and for summaries I am also using the render tool to create sheet 2. The problem is how to merge these two sheets outputting from the redner tool in the same workbook? Like a normal output tool. 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Twinkle95M,

as far as I know what you are asking is not doable? I will say I am 99% sure, although there may be someone who was able to do what you need.

Anyways, from my experience, you cannot save two sheets using two different render tools to output on the same file, you will need to union everything on the same file as I did.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

As mentioned by @afv2688, you cannot render from two different Render tools to the same Excel workbook.

What I would recommend is changing the output from your batch macro from Rendering the sheets to just outputting the Layout field for each sheet, so that it can be combined with the summary data layout field and Rendered all at once. 

Labels