Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append results for Dynamic Input tool in batch Macro

sdesabhatla
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a Batch Macro that queries the oracle  DB . The Query dynamically replaces Table names and Columns to retrieve.  

I need to append the results of the query values  each time the DB is queried and the result is retrieved. 

But I am getting the error " Dynamic Input (3) The file "" has a different schema than the 1st file in the set."

So, I tried to write the Output to an Excel and set the option to "Append to Existing Sheet", the file is generated fine. Apart from writing to file and reading it back, is there a way that Batch macro can be made to output the appended results?

It is also to be noted that , as the number of columns vary for each table, I had passed in the parameter to the Batch that has all column names concatenated together and returned as 1 column.

sdesabhatla_0-1583457315652.png

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sdesabhatla ,

Would you be able to share some screenshots of your macro?

With your explanation, I'm not seeing where you would insert a dynamic input since you are doing everything in your input data tool.

Best,

Fernando V.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @sdesabhatla 

You can bypass the "has a different schema" error in the Interface designer of the macro.  

schema.png

Set the output mode to Auto Configure by name or position as required.  You may also need to check "Output fields change based on macro's configuration" if this is relevant.

With these options set, the macro will union all the output data into one big table, so it will be up to the calling workflow to figure out which columns and rows come from which table

Dan

sdesabhatla
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Dan !!. The interface designer configuration helped me achieve output result I was expecting.

Labels