Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append in existing Excel sheet

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to make YTD excel file. I have Cust ID (unique ID) and monthly cash. No issues in running first month. I am not sure how should it be programmed to put next month in next/new column. So to run 2nd month, I am trying to achieve below

1. Match the cust ID (with new month data), if same then make new column to show the monthly cash

2. If not same, then add the Cust ID at the bottom of file (1st month will be 0) and 2nd month will have value (for example Cust ID C, and M2 has 9000).

Cust IDM1M2M3
A800086450
B6045000
C09000260
D0046

Hope my question above make sense.. If not, I will try to explain further

2 REPLIES 2
MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

Since there's some logic needed to determine when & where to write different pieces of data, I wouldn't try to approach this as "appending to an existing Excel sheet".

Instead, I'd suggest loading in the current Excel sheet as another Input, then Joining that dataset with your new month's data to get the wholistic dataset.  Then, it's just a simple Overwrite Sheet in the Output Data tool.

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Thank you MattBSlalom, I actually tried the other way and it worked. Thank you:)

Labels