Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append and join - CSV

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi, 

I have 4 files i would like to have joined dynamically.
The issue is: 
In file: 

InvoiceSummary.csv - I have:
Kundenummer:,,90183621,,,PostNord,,,,,,,,,,
Navn:,,United Broker A/S - Direct Inj. DK,,,SHARED SERVICE FINANCE,,,,,,,,,,
Fakturadato:,,31.01.2020,,,HEDEGAARDSVEJ 88,,,,,,,,,,
Fakturanummer:,,150519519,,,2300 København S,,,,,,,,,,

The 4 lines needs to be added as coulums for each file.

The 3 files, does not have the same header structure, nor the same starting positioning.

So I was thinking if I need to create 1 flow, adding the 4 lines to each file as coloumns.

And trimming until the header.. and then joining?

I hope someone could show me how this could be done ... 

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Hi @Hamder83 ,

I am looking at your data right now, and I cannot stress this enough: there is an Academy page which you can find on the left side of the community website. This will, I think, greatly boost your knowledge on how to work with Alteryx.

I have preparedsomething for you to study and expand upon.

Let me know if this helped you to tackle this better on your own.

RWvanLeeuwen_0-1581070342734.png

Best,

Roland

Infotopics - Benelux partner of the year
Empowering business through analytics. See, Understand, Act!
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi Roland 

Your solution works great, if I only had these two files.

But im looking to a dynamic solution.

And the header placement (in row count) is not always the same, nor is the coloumn placement.

So I was looking for a importer that could figure the header placement, and coloumn placement though 100' of files with a somehow similar structure 🙂 

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

@Hamder83 

I am confident in stating that there is no out of the box and instant solution for your use case. However, with Alteryx at your side and with my proposed solution I think you'll reach the next level fairly quickly by simplifying the problem and transforming it into bit-sized chunks for which you can use specific tools.

You might want to look into youtube video's from Alteryx on how you can automate the dataprocessing of multiple files using batch macros. Or you can look at multi-row formula to dynamically mark where your headers are. Will you experiment with the tool a bit more and provide us with some more specific questions along the way?

If my initial solution helped you to solve your initial case, please consider marking it as an accepted solution for others to find.

Best,

Roland

Infotopics - Benelux partner of the year
Empowering business through analytics. See, Understand, Act!

Labels