Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append an existing field by inserting multiple rows from a reference file

dvedwards01
5 - Atom

I have a data set that consists of multiple IDs, which apply to numerous countries throughout the world. The example I've provided is only 10 rows for simplicity sake, but this file I'm working with is ~10K+ rows. Occasionally, the data set owner would simply list the word "Global" for a country, if the ID conditions applied to every jurisdiction in the world (column A), instead of listing out each entry for each respective country that the condition applies to.

For example, take row 2 in the below screen shot & attached excel file. ID "123" has a "Global" origin, meaning it would apply to every country in the world. Instead of listing "Global" for all of these entries in the file I have, I need to append rows below ID 123 that account for each country in the list, minus the entry for "Global". The country list that I've attached possesses 256 countries, so I would essentially need 256 entries that are duplicative, with the one exception of the Origin or Destination, which would be unique.

Any guidance from someone on a path forward would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Example 1.PNG

Example 2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Inactive User
Not applicable

Please see answer attached.

dvedwards01
5 - Atom

Thanks Ryan, that solved the need here. I appreciate the quick response on this.

Labels