Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Append Column

dhakim1996
8 - Asteroid

Hi I would like to append a column from one table to another table. I have used the join function. However, it is only returning those where the condition match. I would like to be where the those no do not match it will return a null value instead of just removing that row. Could anyone assist please. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @dhakim1996, one way would be using the join multiple tools. This tool returns all the values from both the tables which do not match along with the matched values.

grazitti_sapna_0-1658894674678.png

Another way around is using a join tool and if you want to return non-matched values from the left or right data set then use a union tool by unionizing data from the left or right anchor.

grazitti_sapna_1-1658894779207.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dhakim1996 
Try to to Bring the data stream of from J anchor and L or R anchor back together with an Union tool.

Labels