Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

App to select a target table/fields to CASS

zekhan
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I'm creating an App that needs to select a target table. Provide a list a drop options to map fields, Cass standardize the addresses and finally write back to the db(into another table).

This is what I have so far but it doesn't seem to want to work. I get a "Input Timeout piperead 300000miliseconds" error and even if I run it as a workflow it seems to want to take forever (only ~350 records were completed before failure).

What am i doing wrong here?

cassAppSC.png

 Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
ScottE
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @zekhan 

I have couple suggestions for you to try/explore.

When you are building an Analytic App you always want to start with a workflow that works as expected before converting it to an App.

It sounds like the 'workflow' itself does not work so I'd start there.

Since you really aren't getting any benefit from using the In-Database Tools, I would switch out the Connect InDB for a regular Input Data connecting to the same database like this.

ScottE_1-1608232142539.png

Once you get that working and add your interface tools to update the table name and field mapping a great way to test that your app is updating correctly is to run it in Debug Mode.  Debug mode allows you to enter all the parameters and then shows you in a separate workflow exactly how things are getting updated by the Action Tool. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/debug-workflow

Hope that helps 

-Scott 

Labels