Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

App for more than one workflow

Paul_L
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I've not created at App before, so I've some basic questions.  I've 2 workflows that run some SQL code, one is a weekly process and the other monthly.  

(Q1)  Is it possible to create a single App interface that gives the user the option to select 1 or both of the workflows to run?

If it's not possible I can create 2 Apps so it's not the end of the world.  Regarding App creation:

(Q2)  The dates within the SQL code are dynamic so there's no need to ask the user any questions, the App is simply to make the workflow self serve for the users to run when they please.  Is there a way of making the dialog look nice for the user?  I'm thinking of just showing a nice shiny run button.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Paul,

Create a single workflow with 2 disabled containers inside. Each container includes a workflow. The application interface will use a radio button to determine which workflow runs. The winner will cause an action to enable the container with the right gut logic.

Cheers,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Paul_L
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Mark, I'll give that a go

Labels