community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

App Performance

Meteor

Can someone from Alteryx give some advanced tips and tricks on App performance

I am wondering if keeping browse tools/ enabling connection progress has a negative effect on App performance. What about leaving macro messaging enabled, or some of the RunTime setttings related to memory. Does Server override these settings? Finally, I think drive time polygons (>300 points @ 10 minutes) are causing my app to run out of memory so any insight is much appreciated!

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sphwillis

It looks like this post was missed originally.  I've asked the Solutions Engineering team if they have any advanced tips they can share and they will hopefully post these back to here for you.

Thanks

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

A few questions nestled in there. See my answers (someone from alteryx development can jump in if I get something conceptually wrong):

I am wondering if keeping browse tools/ enabling connection progress has a negative effect on App performance.

A: when an app runs the browse tools are not populated (they are disabled behind the scenes)

What about leaving macro messaging enabled, 

A: same scenario as above - the output window is not populated so it won't hurt the run time. (Though when running the app AS A WORKFLOW you can x out of the output window and sometimes get faster run sppeds).

or some of the RunTime setttings related to memory. Does Server override these settings?

A: the server has its own settings for memory. if you can log into the server you can view the default settings in the alteryx system settings. If you have created special memory settings for that one workflow in the workflow properties, runtime tab (which is not necessarily advisable unless you have a very clear understand of how that memory is utilized by alteryx), then it depends if the server is set up to allow the user to override its defaults.

Finally, I think drive time polygons (>300 points @ 10 minutes) are causing my app to run out of memory

A: This one should potentially be added as its own question in the advanced analytics category on the community (with the workflow if possible!). The answer depends on so much. What are you doing with the drive-times? Creating maps? Doing a Spatial match? Calculating overlap? What are your machine specs (memory, RAM, processor)?

Hope this helps some!

Cailin Swingle
Sr. Manager, Customer Support
Labels