community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

App | 1st workflow saves list on desktop for 2nd workflow | work without server?

Meteor

Hello,

This is the first app I've created and the there are two workflows within this interface.  The first workflow extracts the fields within specific columns, saves it to my desktop, then reimports it into the 2nd workflow.  This needs to be done since the fields can change when new data is added.  If I were to manually input those fields it may not capture everything.  I do not have access to an Alteryx server.  When I try to run the app I receive an error stating that the time has run out (30 seconds).  I don't know if that is truly due to time or if it's due to not being able to save those files for reimporting into the 2nd workflow. 

Thank you so much!

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @ResearchRE

For what I understood, you are doing something into a data source, saving the file somewhere, and then grab that file and do some other things to it?

Maybe if you include a block until done tool before re-reading that file, that could help.

Please, correct me if I misunderstood your workflow logic, or provide a deeper detail (maybe a copy of the workflow), and I'll be glad to help.

Best,

_AG_

Labels