Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Any work samples on HERE map reverse geocoding?

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

Has anybody worked on HERE map reverse geocoding where i give latitude and longitude and get the physical address ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hello @fomenter,

I now can say yes.  It is very similar to Google.  The example API call contains an error for authorization.

https://geocoder.cit.api.here.com/6.2/geocode.json?searchtext=200%20S%20Mathilda%20Sunnyvale%20CA&app_id=DemoAppId01082013GAL&app_code=AJKnXv84fjrb0KIHawS0Tg&gen=8

I have constructed a workflow in version 11.0 that calls the API.  For your purpose, I would take the root of the API and append the search terms to the URL and feed the download tool fully constructed URLs.  You can do this other ways, but this is really straight forward.

If you're having problems with your own authorization key, it's probably them and not you.  I'd be happy to help you more if you need it.  You can PM me with your address and maybe I can help you offline.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@fomenter,

Our call was fun.  We've conquered (essentially) HERE (https://developer.here.com/rest-apis/documentation/geocoder/topics/request-first-reverse-geocode.htm... API by brute force.

Our findings:

1. Your Latitude & Longitude were text fields with implied decimal places.  We reformatted them by multiplying them by 10^-6.
  2. The output response from the download was in XML.  I prefer JSON.  We started to parse it, but that was work that I left to you after we were getting our responses.
  3. Here has some flexibility that you'll need to review to get your best results and understand the results for use downstream.  

Essentially, by reading the Lat/Lon, you are now able to accurately construct a URL unique to each distinct Lat/Lon pair and pass these into a download tool and begin parsing the results.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S.  Please do attend our next Detroit User Group Meeting and see if you can attend inspire.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Mark, Thank you for all your help.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in user group meetings!

as3509
5 - Atom

Hello - thank you for this, very interesting. I have downloaded the workbook but it does not return anything. Has this API been shut down?

@MarqueeCrew wrote:

Hello @fomenter,

I now can say yes.  It is very similar to Google.  The example API call contains an error for authorization.

https://geocoder.cit.api.here.com/6.2/geocode.json?searchtext=200%20S%20Mathilda%20Sunnyvale%20CA&app_id=DemoAppId01082013GAL&app_code=AJKnXv84fjrb0KIHawS0Tg&gen=8

I have constructed a workflow in version 11.0 that calls the API.  For your purpose, I would take the root of the API and append the search terms to the URL and feed the download tool fully constructed URLs.  You can do this other ways, but this is really straight forward.

If you're having problems with your own authorization key, it's probably them and not you.  I'd be happy to help you more if you need it.  You can PM me with your address and maybe I can help you offline.

Cheers,

Mark

Labels