Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Any way to Render multiple Excel tabs with different widths using Render tool

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I have a workflow with 6 different streams that have Table tools attached to them that are then joined together with a Join Multiple tool.  There is then a Vertical layout tool and a Render tool to render all 6 streams into one excel file with 6 different tabs. Some tabs have a lot of columns so I have to set my custom paper size to 20 x 20.  However, some tabs have only 3 columns.  Therefore the ones w/3 columns looks terrible w/the 20 x 20 paper size.  Is there a way to have different widths/paper size for each tab?  I would like to keep the pretty formatting that comes from the Render tool for each tab as well.  Thanks.  

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Render is basically formatting for printing - so no. The best way to do this is to output data after rendering...

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

I did find one option and that is to use some empty space blocks per this post:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Can-t-change-column-width-when-Unionin...

I'm trying to see if that would work for me.  

Labels