Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Anonymise Data based on list of columns and additional criteria

tomek1988231
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, I'm quite new to the Alteryx and I need some directions within my project. I've prepared workflow that extracts data from multiple ORACLE tables and joins each one with the table of employees data. Main part of the workflow is based on a batch macro that uses EXCEL file with list of of ORACLE tables. Now I'm stuck on part where I need to anonymise some employees data from particular regions in some of the columns.

I'm wondering how to do this, I thought to create some EXCEL file with mapping for particular tables having columns names to anonymise and mapping with regions that require anonymisation. I would like this to be an EXCEL file so it will be easy to add new columns/regions that need to be anonymised.

Can anyone advise if this can be done with Alteryx already existing tools? Or maybe anyone can share other ideas how to accomplish this?

Below some example how this should work.

tomek1988231_0-1615142748386.png

3 REPLIES 3
mot
11 - Bolide
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@tomek1988231 ,

I've got an anonymous suggestion for you.  Don't extract real data from oracle on employees. If during the extraction process, you can zap the data, do it there. 

yes, we can anonymize the data within Alteryx, but the data is present.  I think that it is best to do this early unless you need to process special rules that require the presence of data. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
tomek1988231
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, this might worki, but how to pass a certain list of columns to be masked to this formuła? I think I should use the Dynamic or uninown Field option but not surę how to iterate though columns to check if requires masking....

Labels