Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Annotation in formula tool is not updating after running new data

ijohnson
7 - Meteor

I've copied and pasted a formula tool and edited the column headers and values.  When I run the workflow with the new information  the annotation doesn't change or update at all.  Is this something I can change?, or is this just the way it is?  I would think the annotation would change based on the new data i've entered.

I really don't want to add a new formula tool, or manually edit the annotation every time.   Any help would be appreciated. 

Iaformula annotation.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
danrh
13 - Pulsar

I suspect the annotation got changed at some point from the default in your original Formula tool.  If you add your own annotation, or alter what Alteryx auto-generates, then the tool saves that instead of the default.  I'd suggest re-creating the Formula tool from scratch and trying again.  At this point, if you copy and paste the new tool's annotation should change based on the formulas you enter.

ijohnson
7 - Meteor

Yes, that's exactly what it was.  Thanks for the tip!  

Labels