Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytics App execution log when run locally

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't for the life of me find where in Alteryx Designer to see the execution log for apps run with the magic wand.  If I run it via the the gallery on our Alteryx Server, I can connect to the controller under 'Options'->'View Schedules' and view the output.  Where do I find this for locally executed applications?

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In the System Settings, the last section is called Engine Configuration. On this page, there's a field called "Logging Directory" if that field is empty, it is disabled. Otherwise you can specify any folder you'd like your local Alteryx engine to write logs to.

LocalLogDirectory.png

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

So the only way is to wade through log files?  I figured there would be a place in the UI to access it (much like when you run a normal job or a job runs on the server)...

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want to watch the log, you could run wizards in debug mode rather than using the wand. Debug would open that wizard as a workflow in Designer and the Results window would work like normal.

Debug mode can be accessed from the Interface Designer window (Ctrl+Alt+D) from the wand icon ("Test View") that appears on that window.

Labels