Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytics App and List Box tool

xariet
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I have developed an Analytic App and want to use List Box Tool to show the column values so I can choose which ones I want to delete. (The Analytic App is for deleting the tables in the database). So, in Alteryx when I open Interface Designer to test the workflow, I can see the boxes to check - the names of the tables from the Input file.  But when I open an Analytic App from my folder and choose different file (with different table names) I still only can see the boxes which were in the original file in the workflow. Why the values og those tick boxes do not change? Am I missing something?..

xariet_0-1668585482957.png

xariet_1-1668585498970.png

I have selected different file here which contains few more tables, but I can still only see tables from the file used in the workflow

xariet_2-1668585995970.png

2 REPLIES 2
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @xariet 

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the Interface tools. The solution is to convert your app to a chained app explained in this thread by @patrick_digan :

It's an unfortunate shortcoming for the dropdown (and list box) tools. The workaround is to to split it into 2 apps, have the 1st app write out a file with 2 columns (Name and Value), chain it to your second app, and have your second app use the external source option in the dropdown to reference the output file. 

In terms of ideas to get this fixed, they should either fix this issue directly or add a new option called data from connected tool that would update at runtime.

I would recommend reading the additional comments on that thread for additional context, and running through the interactive lesson

This would have your first workflow create a .yxdb file, which is read by the list box on the 2nd workflow.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

TheOC

Bulien
xariet
8 - Asteroid

Thank you ! @TheOC  I was able to make a chained app with interactive lessons

Labels