Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytical App - Radio Button (Collapsing a Container)

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Problem Statement:

I want a Analytical App that with have a single container, 2 radio buttons (With Options "Yes" and "No") and a file browse which will be collapsed with the "Yes" radio button. So when the user selects "Yes", the radio button will expand and ask the user to select the input file and "No" radio button will just disable the container.

I have configured the application properly but still getting the below error.  The catch is I can't  have the File Browse as a completely separate interface. It has to be collapsed with the "Yes"  button. Below screenshots show my requirement. I am also attaching my workflow for reference.

However when I select "Yes" first and then use the "File Browse" to select the respective input file and then select "No" and run it. It runs perfectly without any error, which means Alteryx wants me to select something for the file browse, and this is what I don't need when I select "No".

1.png2.png3.png

4.png 

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

1 REPLY 1
AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @bhrmitra 

If you change the action on the File Browse to 'Update Value' instead of 'Update Input Data Tool', it will work!:

FileBrowse.PNG

When you update this and select no, you will get this output, instead of the error:

AppOutput.PNG

If this works for you, make sure you mark it as a solution!

Ashley

Labels