Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytical App: Include move up/move down buttons from select tool

yhh1234
5 - Atom

Hi all,

as the titles says, I'm struggling to integrate the move up/move down buttons from the select tool or a similar logic as a work around into an analytical app.

yhh1234_1-1582798826913.png

I know that I can let the user choose to sort the fields ascending/descending, but this solution won't work as with each input the number of fields and fields name differ and no logic can be applied. One input might look light this:

yhh1234_0-1582798772924.png

I hope somebody knows how to let the user move the fields up/down in the analytical app.

P.s. Using a mapping table as a work around is not the favoured option as I'd like to stay within in the analytical app.

Thank you!

Jay

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@yhh1234 ,

I don't think that you'll be happy with my post, but this interface option isn't supported by Alteryx.  Like you said, you could generate a mapping file, but you won't be able to readily alter the up and down functionality of designer in the gallery.  If you do have an "ordered" template file, you could use a UNION within your app (after reading the file with the fields in the proper horizontal sequence) and achieve your final results.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
yhh1234
5 - Atom

@MarqueeCrew ,

thanks for your fast reply!

I've submitted it to ideas. Let's hope to get this function with an update at some point.

Cheers,

Jay

Labels