Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic app error

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I made an analytic app which uses radio buttons and browse files tools. There are four containers, three of which are supposed to collapse when I click on one of the radio buttons on the interface. When I run it in designer it works fine, no matter how many containers I have open, just 1 or all 4, however when I try to run the app I get this error, I have a feeling it has to do with the browse files tools that come after each collapsed container (there are output files after each container).  Is there a way to fix this? thanks a lot

WL1_0-1604424723817.png

12 REPLIES 12
BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis  thanks for that, appreciate the help

I have seen the debug bug on the interactive lessons which I have done recently but am not 100% on how to use it yet, I probably just need some more practice at making these apps to get used to it.

For the Russia report, I thought that because the USA container collapses that it would not be an issue for those fields that are missing from the Russia report but that are in the USA report. Therefore, would I be correct in saying that all containers should be set up to expect the same fields at all times when creating fields?

Thanks again

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 I've attached my debug workflow when I ran that app as Russia so you can see the issues that are occurring. Essential columns/fields the tools within the container are missing. Therefore in each container for each country needs to be setup to deal with that country file I believe.

Russia.JPG

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

ok I think that makes sense @JosephSerpis  thanks very much

Labels