Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic app error

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I made an analytic app which uses radio buttons and browse files tools. There are four containers, three of which are supposed to collapse when I click on one of the radio buttons on the interface. When I run it in designer it works fine, no matter how many containers I have open, just 1 or all 4, however when I try to run the app I get this error, I have a feeling it has to do with the browse files tools that come after each collapsed container (there are output files after each container).  Is there a way to fix this? thanks a lot

WL1_0-1604424723817.png

12 REPLIES 12
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 maybe a different approach might work for you. How about instead of an Output in each container that gets disabled based on the radio selection an error at present. What if you linked all the containers together with a union tool that is then being pushing data to an Output tool. So therefore regardless of the selection their is always an output. Its just the data in the union tool is changing based on the user selection, because various containers are being disabled. This won't cause an error message as the union tool is dynamic and will just push on any data it receives. 

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

thanks, I will try it out

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis 

I have tried that out but seem to be getting errors from containers that are collapsed now, not sure if that should be happening? I thought that because they would collapse that they would essentially be ignored by the workflow running tin the background. 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 it shouldn't happen however without seeing the workflow be hard to identify the issue.

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

thanks for your help, must be something I am doing wrong 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 are you able to show a screengrab or mock up a workflow to show what you built so far?

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis  I will do one and post soon, thanks

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

hi @JosephSerpis 

I made this mock app, which runs fine as a workflow when connected to the right container, but having issues when trying to use as an app.

I made two fake sets of data which I try to summarize and reconcile against each other. Sometimes different countries reports will have different headers, I can't really make them all the same because the different reports sometimes have different requirements, which is why I want the containers to collapse.

Thanks a lot

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BillyL14 thanks for sending through that example workflow I amended it and got it working for the US report. The Russia report produced an error however that was because it was missing fields from the data expected based on the logic you built, rather than an error caused be the action tools. Have a look at the app and see what you think? Also do you know about Debug mode when you are building App and Macros, as it really helpful when troubleshooting issues?

Labels