Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App for building a dynamic filter

spandan92
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am trying to Filter based on a specific Field/Column and with corresponding content under that column. The catch is both the Field selection is also dynamic as well as the content inside. So, I am using a DROP-DOWN tool (from interface) to select the required field and then using a TEXTBOX tool (from interface) to enter the required value.

After setting it up, the action tool is not working properly may be because of "Replace the specific String" where i don't have any string in my filter process, as the first input is a Column name and second input is a Numeric value, probably why its not getting updated whenever i change the inputs. Please help if anyone has been through the same.

3 REPLIES 3
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @spandan92 Happy Friday.  For a numeric field I believe that Numeric Up Down would be the interface that you want. Here is an example from the single tool example within Designer: 

PeterA1_0-1593194761221.png

Let me know if this helps! 

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If i understand correctly, you have fields you want to select and values that can be either string or numeric. For that, i would just convert everything to string in the formula and then you can always apply the quotes around the value. Your action is:

"tostring(["+[#1]+"])" + ' = "'+[#2]+'"'

#1 is the field you are selecting and #2 is the value you are looking for. see my attached workflow for more details.

Text input tool

jarrod_0-1593195025785.png

workflow setup

jarrod_1-1593195034129.png

action setup:

jarrod_2-1593195078691.png

spandan92
7 - Meteor

@jarrod  Thanks a lot. It really helped.

Labels