Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App for building a dynamic filter

spandan92
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am trying to Filter based on a specific Field/Column and with corresponding content under that column. The catch is both the Field selection is also dynamic as well as the content inside. So, I am using a DROP-DOWN tool (from interface) to select the required field and then using a TEXTBOX tool (from interface) to enter the required value.

After setting it up, the action tool is not working properly may be because of "Replace the specific String" where i don't have any string in my filter process, as the first input is a Column name and second input is a Numeric value, probably why its not getting updated whenever i change the inputs. Please help if anyone has been through the same.

3 REPLIES 3
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @spandan92 Happy Friday.  For a numeric field I believe that Numeric Up Down would be the interface that you want. Here is an example from the single tool example within Designer: 

PeterA1_0-1593194761221.png

Let me know if this helps! 

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If i understand correctly, you have fields you want to select and values that can be either string or numeric. For that, i would just convert everything to string in the formula and then you can always apply the quotes around the value. Your action is:

"tostring(["+[#1]+"])" + ' = "'+[#2]+'"'

#1 is the field you are selecting and #2 is the value you are looking for. see my attached workflow for more details.

Text input tool

jarrod_0-1593195025785.png

workflow setup

jarrod_1-1593195034129.png

action setup:

jarrod_2-1593195078691.png

spandan92
7 - Meteor

@jarrod  Thanks a lot. It really helped.

Labels