Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Analytic App - dynamic output file name

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

Need your help as I am still learning Alteryx and facing some difficulties.

I am developing Analytical App.

I need to generate file output file name based on such criteria (ReportName_MonthYear) AM1_Sep2020. Since there are not such information in input file neither about report type nor about period I would like user choose one by one what report type and period  he is proceeding through flow and based on his selection generate output name file as AM1_Sep2020 or another type and period.

As for now I have used dropdown (example 1) and action tool to update output file, but this option is not working for me...

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@JuliaSorokina - one solution could be to construct the output path of your file in a formula tool (just before output tool), and creating the filename string in this formula by updating sections of the string via Action tool. In the output tool, take the output location from the field you create (PATH in my case).

Capture.PNG

I have attached a sample solution for your reference. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

@AbhilashR, thank you!

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi Julia, please mark this post as solution accepted if it answered your question and your issue has now been resolved.

Labels