Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic App Ouput to one excel with multiple tabs

LisandraPatricia
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am making use of an Analytic App and would like to use just one File Browse to save into the multiple tabs within the same excel sheet, all tabs have specific name ranges. Is there any easy way of doing this?

Kind regards,

Lisa

3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @LisandraPatricia 

At some point either in the workflow or on the App, you will need to insert the different sheets that you are trying to save. 

You can set up a logic to use the file browse to update a text input and in a different text input you have the names of the sheets. See the logic below and on the WF I attached.

pedrodrfaria_0-1613076838424.png

Pedro.

LisandraPatricia
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @pedrodrfaria , this works, I do however see that when I run the app I get multiple excel files even though it is saved only under 1. Is there a way to tackle this?

LisandraPatricia_0-1613636533060.png

In addition, one of the sheets has a named range in excel, and I see that it doesn't insert the data within that name range, it inserts it after the formatting. Do you know if there is a way to tackle this? I don't have the new Alteryx version due to company policies hence I cant Output using overwrite and keep formatting. 

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @LisandraPatricia 

By your screenshot, it is saving in the same file just for different sheets (the file name is the same). Can you send a screenshot of the set up you have? But I believe it is doing what you are looking for.

If you want to have more flexibility, build out the file path in the formula tool. To output to a specific range, in the portion where you write out the sheet name, put the range name, and then it will output to that specific range instead of creating a sheet with that name.

Pedro.

Labels