Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App - Disable Open File

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Experts - 

I've got a little app here that takes a file via the File Browse tool, does a bunch of stuff and then outputs some Excel workbooks.  The workbooks are used as a data source for various MS Word mail merge files.

In any case, after successfully running the app will then show a dialogue box with all the Output Files selected for opening (with the option of deselecting to skip opening).  Two questions:

1) Can I disable this box from showing up at all?

2) Alternatively, can I wire the app to somehow show a box with the option of opening the affected MS Word documents rather than the Excel files?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Bonediggler 

In the Interface Designer tab, you have an option to disable the Output Files to show up after running the app.

Go to View > Interface Designer > Properties

"On Success - Show Results to user"

Disable all outputs.

The second question I don't think you can do that in an intuitive way, since Word documents are not a supported data source in Alteryx.

I think you could do something like chain this to a second app that would show a List Box of word documents and play with them to trigger a Run Command tool to open them or not depending on this selection.

That's something that I just came up with, there might be other ways.

Cheers,

Labels