Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App - Disable Open File

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Experts - 

I've got a little app here that takes a file via the File Browse tool, does a bunch of stuff and then outputs some Excel workbooks.  The workbooks are used as a data source for various MS Word mail merge files.

In any case, after successfully running the app will then show a dialogue box with all the Output Files selected for opening (with the option of deselecting to skip opening).  Two questions:

1) Can I disable this box from showing up at all?

2) Alternatively, can I wire the app to somehow show a box with the option of opening the affected MS Word documents rather than the Excel files?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Bonediggler 

In the Interface Designer tab, you have an option to disable the Output Files to show up after running the app.

Go to View > Interface Designer > Properties

"On Success - Show Results to user"

Disable all outputs.

The second question I don't think you can do that in an intuitive way, since Word documents are not a supported data source in Alteryx.

I think you could do something like chain this to a second app that would show a List Box of word documents and play with them to trigger a Run Command tool to open them or not depending on this selection.

That's something that I just came up with, there might be other ways.

Cheers,

Labels