Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analysis on Educational Data

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone ,

I want to Analyze following conditions but not able to understand how to do it .Will you please Share your ideas it  will be greatly appreciated.

1. To prove if teachers teaching the subject in class which they studied during their post-graduation helps in improving the performance of students in board exams?

2. Girls tend to score better than boys in board exams - how true is the statement for  dataset?

to check statistically for students from Bengali and Kokborok as their First Language.

Regards,

Aishwarya

6 REPLIES 6
bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Aishwarya,

I wonder if the answer to the two questions is graphical or just a KPI? i.e:

1. Create a flag for whether or not they are teaching what the studied, then plot a graph vs exam performance, or just look at the average

2. Similarly, look at the average score for girls vs boys using the criteria you mentioned

Ben

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ash25sumbre 

This tool might be useful in this scenario.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Contingency-Table/ta-p...

Hope this helps : )

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

hi @bensilv 

thanks for idea.  I will try this 

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thank you for help .

I will try in that way

ash25sumbre
8 - Asteroid

Hi @bensilv 

But In the data I have only information of % of teachers teaching the subject in class which they studied during their post-graduation .

On the basis of this how can I create the flag for condition  mentioned?

Aishwarya

bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Looking at the data, I think flags may not be the way forward.

I would either leverage the contingency table (as mentioned by @atcodedog05) or do a simple plot on a graph.

In this case, you can utilise the % of teachers in school who are post graduate vs scores. This will show you if the % of teachers is higher, is the exam score higher?

Labels