Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

An Unhandled Exception occurred

jgv27
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I keep on getting the following error message and it stops all activity on the platform. Each and every time the error appears (which seems to be increasing the last couple of days), I have to close down Alteryx with Task Manager before re-opening. 

The error message:

jgv27_0-1650614056005.png

Any advise or ideas to circumvent or resolve the issue?

8 REPLIES 8
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @jgv27 

Sorry to hear about your issue.
To help me understand what causes this, and how to fix it, can you please let me know a little more about this?

What version of Alteryx are you currently on?
When did you update to this version?
Have you made any changes to your Alteryx user settings prior to these errors occuring?

Thanks,
TheOC

Bulien
LATHROPS
7 - Meteor

I have the same issue which appears to be caused by the render tool.  I recently added DVW data connectors.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled with same issue (and after reinstalling DVW);  Thankfully I have the tool in a container which I can disable, but I cannot even remove the tool because it generates the exception when selected. Error log is below:

Alteryx Designer x64 - 2021.4.2.02731
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: PortfolioPluginsGui
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22000.0
OS Is x64 Capable: True
Selected Plugin: PortfolioPluginsGui.ComposerRender.PortfolioComposerRender
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10310U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Private Memory: 363102208
--------------------------------------------
at PortfolioPluginsGui.ComposerRender.ConfigureV2.dataManager_ManagerSerializing(Manager manager)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.PluginWidgets.Data.Manager.ToXml(XmlElement config)
at PortfolioPluginsGui.ComposerRender.ConfigureV2.SaveResultsToXml(XmlElement eConfig, String& strDefaultAnnotation)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.ToolProperties.ConfigPanel.Hiding(Boolean bAllowUpdateConfig)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.ToolProperties.Properties.Properties_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.ToolProperties.Properties.ResetProperties(Object nNewObject, String strHelpName, Boolean bHelpLinkIsFileOrHyperlink, String strToolName, Boolean forceReset)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.Actions.Boxes_Properties.RunAction(Boolean bForceVisible, String selectTab, BrowseDataSource forceBds)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.View.UpdateProperties(Boolean bProblemAfterRun)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.View.m_flowChart_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.DiagramBase.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.DiagramBase.RaiseSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.Diagram.RaiseSelectionChanged()
at MindFusion.Diagramming.Selection.Change(DiagramItem item)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.Behaviors.BehaviorBase.SelectItemAt(PointF currentPoint)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.Behaviors.BehaviorBase.OnMouseUp(Point mousePosition, MouseButtons mouseButton)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.DiagramView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

MasonSchlinsog
5 - Atom

I'm getting this same issue. When I click on or drag a Render reporting tool to my palette I get this exact same error. I determined that something with the Alteryx Connector for SAP V2 by DVW is causing the issue. When I uninstalled the ACS connectors I no longer had the issue. I've logged a ticket with DVW to see if we can get it resolved. 

https://dvwanalyticshelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/15530

I'll update this post if and when I hear anything.

MasonSchlinsog
5 - Atom

I managed to find my error log:

Alteryx Designer x64 - 2022.1.1.30569
Type: System.DllNotFoundException
Message: Unable to load DLL 'SRCComposer_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Source: Composer.Net
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19043.0
OS Is x64 Capable: True
Selected Plugin: PortfolioPluginsGui.ComposerRender.PortfolioComposerRender
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz
Private Memory: 727068672
--------------------------------------------
at Composer.Net.ComposerWrapper.ComposerGetNumInfo(String infoType)
at PortfolioPluginsGui.ComposerRender.ConfigureV2.GetConfigurationControl(Properties docProperties, XmlElement eConfig, XmlElement[] eIncomingMetaInfo, Int32 nToolId, String strToolName)
at AlteryxGuiToolkit.Document.ToolProperties.ConfigPanel.Showing()

ShriY
5 - Atom

Thank you, LATHROPS and Mason for bringing this issue to our attention (DVW)! We are investigating it. 

LATHROPS - please feel free to reach out to us at ACS Support <acs_support@dvwsolutions.com>, we aim to respond faster on that channel.

ShriY
5 - Atom

Hi Mason, 

We just responded to the zendesk ticket with a potential solution, can you please try that and let us know if that works. 

ShriY
5 - Atom

Just in case anyone is still looking for some help with this issue (if you are  DVW's Alteryx Connector for SAP (ACS) user):

Please use one of these options to overcome this issue:

Close Alteryx before trying:

Option 1) Install the latest Beta of our connector from our website: (at the time of writing this message it is: 2.3.2226.2)

Option 2) Go to ...\Alteryx\bin\PlugIns and delete Composer.Net.dll and DataConnectors.Net.dll

Option 3) Go to ...\Alteryx\bin\ and create a copy SRCComposer.dll and then rename the copied file to SRCComposer_x64.dll. In the end, you should have both the files in the bin directory. (credit: Bugs in render - dll not found - Alteryx Community)

Start Alteryx. 

If the issue still persists, please reach out to us at ACS Support <acs_support@dvwsolutions.com>

LATHROPS
7 - Meteor

Solved!

Labels