Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Amount in Words

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Do we have any option to create 2 columns. 1 column for Amount and other column for Amount in Words.

like 1 as one , 2 as two , and go on...

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

We had a similar weekly challenge check this out

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-235-Spell-It-Out-For-Me-Part-2/td-p/6409...

atcodedog05_0-1646662088207.png

Hope this helps : )

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

I am not able to download your attachment. Can you please reattach please.

I am checking the link now

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

Try this

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 . It was very helpful.

One quick question . Here you have manually imported input of 50 rows. ( ID and amount ).  But in my requirement, I am connected to database which has more fields. Amount in one of the column. but I dont have ID column. May be I can remove all and add Amount column alone. 

How to achieve with only Amount column without ID ? Any way to achieve

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

Add a record ID tool

atcodedog05_0-1646664397007.png

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thats Great @atcodedog05 

2 doubts:

1) You are creating a column called Value at the end of the workflow , but calling that field Value before that. that is in 'Find Replace' section.. how it is working.

2) For example , if I want to show 682,784 as six Lakhs eighty two thousand seven hundred eighty four ( Indian format ) , what logic I need to change. Right now its shows six eighty two thousand seven eighty four

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karthick461 

1. Value column is created from transpose tool and later I am using find replace tool to find the word values

2. If you want to change it to lakhs format it might require some rework. I don't think I will be able to look into that the previous workflow did take some good amount of time and it was created for weekly challenge.

Sorry buddy

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Karthick461 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels